Wow, I really had a lot of trouble with this week's ha'awina. I don't know where to place the "this" and "that" in the sentences. I keep getting 'ia and "kona" mixed up. And the vocabulary for this week for some reason just doesn't want to stick in my head, though I've spent a lot of time trying to memorized the words. I wish I was eighteen again!
Having said that, I am beginning to recognize words and phrases in the hulas and 'ukulele songs that I've learned. That's so cool!
It does remind me, though, that the language of Hawai'i isn't easy because each word has so, so many meanings. I can see how I might be very scared to try to compose a poem or mele bacause I could get into some real trouble with the multiple meanings!
Dawn will be over soon, so we'll study together tonight. John and I have been struggling along all week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment